Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Weeding...ugh

I love gardens and enjoying God's beauty in nature around me but mention weeding to me and you won't see me jumping for joy over the possible prospect of having the opportunity to pull out meaningless little plants. (giggles to self at the over-use of big words...that's what you get for giving me Pride and Prejudice, Nathan!)
Today I was asked...no more commanded... by my parents to help them in the vegetable garden to do a spot of weeding. Now I went and did it because I'm an obedient daughter but I did not thoroughly enjoy it, however I did enjoy the time I had to think to myself (a dangerous task I know). So while I sat weeding out the beetroot and rocket bed (why did dad plant something as disgusting as rocket with my delicious beetroot????) I thought to myself about many wondrous things...and I realised I have not been myself for awhile and I discovered that this was because I have not had the time to think...really think... about what I am doing in life and what everything means (oh great thought!). And I came to the conclusion that this blog of mine (yes spellcheck blog is a word and so is spellcheck!) has wandered off the path of the original blog topic (my thoughts). For instance I realised that when I'm writing about things it's never really my thoughts written down it's more of a diary of all the things I have done. So I proclaim from this day that I will redirect future posts to be mainly on my thoughts on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment