Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Failing to become a Teacher...oh dear

I read a blog/article today about how if students are failing school then why on earth are the teachers and the education system allowing these students to continue without consequence. I suppose this is my second post on why I'm becoming a teacher and one relating to education. But I don't see this a problem do you? Considering that my whole career is going to be founded on education I do believe that there will be plenty of posts in the future about such things. Anyways moving on...I do believe that if students are not achieving the standards then they should be either brought back to learn it or allowed to leave school (But hopefully the teachers will be more successful at teaching their students so this will not happen). I think it is strange to see university students who say they are terrible at spelling or maths. I'll admit I'm not a complete expert but at least I can do both of those without failing miserably! And why on earth would a person who failed at a certain subject want to become a teacher in that specific area? I'm not having a go at anyone in particular jsut in general asking the question. I know quite a few people; and some of them are my closest friends (including my boyfriend), who are becoming teachers. This includes me of course! And as far as I know we all passed our subjects in school. So why in the world are there people who are failing their university courses? Anyways that's all from me! Hope you have a great week and if you are on holidays have a fantastic break from study and work!

No comments:

Post a Comment