Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Family Do's and Cake!

So today my Mum's side of the family celebrated my Mummu's (this is my Finnish grandma) 80th Birthday! Once again we all headed for a picnic place and set up camp for half of the day. Seriously we went to Chamber's Island (a small island in the middle of the Marrochy River) and we took up most of the open area. But that's my family...a very large family that I love and I feel loved in and I fit in...it's sorta my niche. So anyways I just thought I would say a few words about the family do's we have and the cake. There always seems to be alot of planning involved when it comes to these events. Since there are so many families (grandparents had 8 children...not all come though) and all those families have at least two children...largest has 7. Anyways I love my family and these events cause it makes me feel blessed to have so many relatives and the fact that I know we are so close compared to other families. My childhood is filled with parties and get togethers. And each time we get together there is always CAKE! and not any old cake! It's a special cake...a cake that only my family make. And if you want to taste it or see one you will just have to come along to one of our families do's! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment