Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

"Hey look a duck!" and Naked Mole-rats

So I went camping these past few days and I decided I would share my experiences with all you fine people who actually read my blog!
My family and I and another family all tripped up for a whole hour to a little town called Imbil. The camping grounds were beside a water body (unknown as to what this water body would be called) where we discovered platypus played and turtles twirled (? lol needed to chuck in an alliteration there). It was a wonderful place to relax and to be smoked out by your campfire. I very much liked the trip up where it was my sister and I travelling up by ourselves. And while we drove we played a spotting game that involved spotting five different things and when one was spotted, depending on the thing spotted you had to call out it's relative word. The five things were:
Yellow cars - Spotto
Hitchhikers - Herring
Outsiders to QLD - Kadanga
Campers - Trippy
Dogs - Zipdog

Unfortunately and quizzically my sister won...how I don't know because I reckon she should have been paying more attention to driving and instead of playing the game.
When we arrived at the camping grounds there was the usual practice of setting up camping including the usual silly family arguments about how to put a tent (this mainly was me and my brother getting annoyed).
Then there was the fun opportunity to create the kitchen/dining area to appear to have some sort of order and homeliness to it. I liked that part...it involved eating at the same time!
My sister created the fireplace in which she dug a hole in which she would stand in it and the ground level was at her knees. It was a grand fireplace for most of the weekend too except the smoke would always blow in my direction... or at least in someone's. My dad said that it was because the wind blows in the direction of the beautiful...my reaction to this was that yes maybe but if it's all the same I would rather be the ugly person so that I wouldn't have to deal with the smoke!
So I suppose before I finish this post that I had mention why the title to this post is that.
The first part: 'Hey look a duck!' is in reference to my family continually saying that...but I never saw this duck until late in the afternoon. And from then on I and everyone would always say 'hey look a duck' when we saw this one duck that lived on the water.
by the way there was only one duck...
anyways the second part is in reference to a game we played around the campfire. We each had to come up with an animal starting with each letter of the alphabet in turn. And when we got to N someone said Naked Mole rat and we all laughed cause if Kim Possible taught us anything it was that there is such an animal as a naked mole rat!
lol anyways that was some highlights to my camping weekend. I could keep going but admit to yourself that you would really like me to just shut up right about now. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment