Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Camping Spots

Today I went with my family on a mini road trip to visit a camping ground to see if it would be worthy of us going there sometime to (what do you think?)...camp! It's a huge camping place and the way my family carried on it was almost like we were selecting a new place to live! I love camping and all but I think my family over did it today by going to the camping grounds before the actual time that we would go camping...I mean we don't even know if we will go camping there!
But really I did enjoy going...I just can't believe the extent my family, namely my parents, will go to to find the perfect camping spot. It made me wonder whether it was just my family who did things like this or were there other people that did it too?
I think the only problem I have with camping is that the bathrooms are always so far away from where I am actually camping. The ideal spot that we concluded today for our family was about half a kilometre away from the closest showers and about a hundred metres away from the closest toilets. In fact the camping ground managers suggested on the map that the people who camped in that area (the area we liked) to DRIVE  to the showers on the other side of the camping grounds instead of the other showers that were closer for the sake of equality amongst the campers staying there! Sure it probably would be quicker to drive there but really? all the way across the other side to shower...no way! Besides I believe that the use of the car other than to drive to and from the camping grounds is a waste of fuel! Anyways I love camping and in answer to my parents question of which camping grounds I would like to go to in the Christmas holidays I say, " I don't mind as long as I'm camping!"

No comments:

Post a Comment