Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

OCD...no not CDO...

Yes I am a little OCD as some of my good friends know. And no I do not change it to CDO because that would annoy me cause it isn't correct. Because then it would be Complusive Disorder Obsessive and that definately does not make sense!
Anyways... my OCD ranges from minimal to overly obsessive.. and I guess some of it sometimes comes down to my stubborness and perfectionism. I suppose those could be other names for it.
I am a very neat person who likes things in their place. And most things have an order about them...in particular my books. I have a shelf for books I have read and they are in height order. Then I have a shelf where there are the books I have started or want to read. These aren't in a particular oder but when it comes to choosing them I have a certain way to picking them...which I will not disclose because then it will make me look insane and I'll be dragged off to an asylum.
Oh and when it comes to picking my clothes I have a certain way to picking them too...this is similar to me picking the books.
And then there is generally those little things that get on my nerves like an object slightly out of place. I'm slowly accepting that the hair on my head does not and will not stay in place...so if you see pictures of my a few years back I have this very sleek tight pulled back ponytail look happening and if you see me now... let's just say my hair is becoming more messy looking...well to me it looks messy. :)
You'll love this story: My family once had a wine salesperson over to give us a wine tasting session (it was really good wine). Anyways there was this one bottle of wine that she brought out and it was assymetrical - so one side was less curved then the other... this bottle frustrated me because 1. it was not perfect and 2. I could not fix it because it was made of glass.
So there is a little insight on my OCDness. And that was the sequel to 'lost and found'

2 comments:

  1. man alive! rowdy ur even more crazy than i thawt u were! love u anyways.

    (but realli i totally do most of those things myself- GO PERFECTIONISTS!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA thanks! yep definately Go perfectionists! :)

    ReplyDelete