Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

*Sigh* politics...the dreaded topic

So it seems that there is an election coming up...and up until the last few days I had no idea who I was going to vote for. In fact I had no idea who there was to vote for (well apart from the labour and liberal parties of course). So when some flyers came in the post, I read them and they prodded me to do some further research online I came to the conclusion I would vote for the Family First party (ok there may have been some pressure from the parents, but still I have made up my choice, either way). And I thought I had made a wise choice. And I still do, just the fact that my boyfriend does not agree makes me frustrated.
As a Christian I want someone in government who shares my beliefs and I would hope my boyfriend had the same beliefs too (unfortunately it seems we differ). And I believe that the party who is the closest to sharing these is the Family First party. Have a read of their policies . Make up your own mind, but if you are a Christian I pray you prayerfully consider who you want in control of the country you live in.
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment