Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Iced Tea and Memory Diary

So I remembered I promised to write a post on my memory diary...the diary I kept while I was in Year 12. But I also wanted to write a short note today about iced tea...just a random topic that I have a few thoughts on.
So which one shall I write about first?...hmmm methinks the diary...just wait a moment while I go find it.....................................................................................................................................................
found it! wow I forgot how heavy, thick and big it is! I'll put a photo in for my visual learner friends :D
So the idea of a memory diary is that you keep it for however long you want...I kept mine for the entire year of 2008 (my graduation year) and just put stuff in it that would remind you of the awesome times you had or get your friends and family to write a message to you or put photos in it or really make it anything you want. I put pretty much all of those things in it. It even went to Fiji with me and I got everyone on the mission trip team to write in it. I have cards from my 18th. random drawings by friends, drawn during classes when we were bored.
I'm thinking I will start another one for my uni graduating year...so 2013? I recommend doing one...mostly suggest this to girls as boys tend to lose something like this and really don't care about memories and mushy stuff like this. I plan on now and again looking at it when I'm feeling reminiscent. hmmm so the photos aren't uploading so I'll just have to try another day to upload them to show you all what my diary looks like.

So the other topic of this post was iced tea! I've been starting to like iced tea a little more and I blame this all on one of my best friends, BB! She let me have a sip of her Lipton Iced Green Tea Mango flavour once and ever since then I kind of like it. But knowing me and my hestitance to try new things I haven't had much courage to try any other flavours of iced tea until today when I steamed a tea bag (raspberry and peach flavour) and chilled it and tried that! It actually isn't that bad. Random fact: Iced tea is a rather old beverage, as is tea in general and it seems that iced tea (with Lipton bringing it out commercially) is coming back in fashion in the beverage world. So it's kind of socially cool to drink it :P But that isn't the reason I drink it I drink it so I can still drink tea on really hot days! :D Anyways sorry I couldn't get the photos up...I even had one of my iced tea that I made! I promise I will try again soon.
Have a great weekend!
-Maija

No comments:

Post a Comment