Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Middle Child Syndrome (MCS)

I have this theory...well ok it's not mine..I don't know who came up with it but I believe deeply in it. Is it even a theory? I don't know but what I do know is I have experienced...it's called the Middle Child Syndrome (MCS). There are also the lesser known syndromes like Eldest Child, Youngest Child and Only Child Syndromes but as I'm none of these I only have the qualifications to write about mine. I'm the second eldest child in a family of four children. This makes me a middle child. If you have not heard about MCS then have no fear I am about to make it all very clear. The basics of MCS is that a middle child begins to feel unloved and unwanted because there siblings on either side are getting all the attention and love. I found growing up (especially when I was in middle and high school) difficult and at times was rather depressed because I felt like my parents did not and would not love me. Sometimes I felt like they forgot about me. My point is that my older sister as the oldest gets all the attention and love because she was the first born child! And then I have a younger brother and though I realise he also is a middle child...but he is the only boy in the family so he gets that attention and love! Then there is my youngest sister and that of course gives the excuse of her being loved for being that...the youngest!
So I will finish with this one piece of advice...if you think that this is all true then whatever you do don't mention it to your parents cause they won't believe you and will inform you that they treat all their children the same!

2 comments:

  1. http://middlechildpersonality.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep I definately had severe middle child syndrome...but now I think I have moved on and am now somewhere on the lower end of the scale...maybe normal.

    ReplyDelete