Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Introverted Little Me!

Hey how's everyone?
Thought I would write about something completely new...me! ....lol so ok it's not something different....but this blog is afterall mine and about me and I have the right to write about anything I want!
So as I was sitting in my lecture this morning (which was full of interesting events)...I got thinking about how I'm an introvert and what made me this way.
And because I'm a painter (I'll post about this soon I suppose) I am now going to tell you how I got thinking about this and then proceed to fill you in on how I became myself.
Well as I was saying, I was in my lecture this morning and we had an unexpected person turn up...no not a celebrity or a VIP jsut a random person...who you could describe as a creep. And no one knew who he was and what he was doing in our lecture...and because we are studying to be primary school teachers my friend next to me says something about 'stranger danger' and THAT is what got me thinking about my introvertness.
See, I believe that the whole 'stranger danger' thing I was taught as a primary schooler caused me to become afraid of every person I met. (Yes I apologise to my fellow classmates of my YR12 English class who have already heard this in 2008) If you think about it if you scare a child into thinking that all strangers are going to hurt you and that you shouldn't talk to them because of that fear you are going to get unsociable people!...hehehe like me :P
I blame this for my introvertedness because I find it extremely hard to say hello or talk to someone on the street or at uni because I have no idea who they really are and in my mind they are all out get me! But uni is teaching me that there are times when you have to step out of that comfort zone andjust take a risk and talk to them...who knows maybe they think I'm also a dangerous stranger?! And my talking to them may comfort them in thinking that I am not going to hurt them...though there is the possibility of make them even more scared. agh! Whatever...this is getting me confused!
So as for the other side of my introvertness...I generally am a quiet person...I like alot of things that involve being quiet...but amusingly I'm the one who makes sure the house is not completely quiet...I always have music on or something....you know that song? 'Silence is Golden'? I HATE IT! lol why is silence golden? it can be horrible!...anyways of track...me being quiet...oh yes...an example of my excellent skill at being introverted: I can manage to be completely quiet for an entire lesson which is like 2hours! but thanks to my tutors it seems they don't like this and love to pick on me.
and another example: my nickname is/was Rowdy...not because I am loud of course (silly who would think I'm actually rowdy! lol) but because of the opposite! yes my nickname was actually picked because I was quiet!
anyways I think I'm done...I could go on and on but I won't...cause I think you will start to think that i'm not introverted afterall! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment