Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Submission to which side? Good or Bad?

hehehehe that title makes me think of a joke from my bible study group: Darth Vadar holding a plate of cookies and saying, "Come to the dark side... we have cookies!"

Anyways back on topic! Which was the inner turmoil (love that word...lol) we as humans have between what the right thing to do (and may be something we don't want to do) and what the wrong thing to do (the thing you kinda want to do). Yesterday I felt like skipping my lecture (mind you I had good reasons why I wanted to...it was at 6pm! and I had just had a wonderful day and didn't want to finish it by doing work!). Now I know that if I had skipped it would not have affected my grades cause it's not like the lecturer keeps a record of who comes or not. But I knew that for me my standards and beliefs on what is right is to attend as many lectures and tutorials as I can. No matter what happens...only acceptable reasons in my eyes is 1. I'm stricken to bed due to illness and 2. I'm flooded in. So in the end I decided to go, this does not mean I enjoyed it but I know I did the right thing by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment