Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

31 Days of Intentional Living - Day 7

Well I kind of got busy and had no time to write my posts! So I'm just going to pick up where I left off. The topics I have covered already have stayed with me though through the past days since I last looked at it.
Today's topic is Forgiveness. And the questions asked were:
Have you been hurt lately?  Have you forgiven the person who hurt you?
At first thought I was like...no...but then I reflected a bit longer and remembered a few weeks ago I shared and tagged someone on something on Facebook and a friend of theirs commented angrily which got me all riled up. The issue has been dealt with but I have a feeling I haven't forgiven the person for making it into a huge issue. They are a long time 'friend' and I see them now and then. I should forgive them because they were only protecting our mutual friend. So I will...
And then I remembered all the drivers on the road that have done risky things to me...they scare me and hurt me (not physically but hurt me internally). I will forgive them too as they need forgiveness as much as I do for when I do wrong things that put people into danger. 

Another thought on Forgiveness is about how the word came about...It comes from the two old English words for and give. It literally means to give up something. So by forgiving someone you are giving up your anger and grunge against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment