Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Friday, March 20, 2015

31 Days of Intentional Living - Day 6

Setting Goals with an Action Plan

Two posts today as I unfortunately missed yesterday's!
Today's challenge is to make a SMART goal/action plan for my priorities. Jenny provided a list of tips to help.

Here are some tips to help you not only set goals, but to follow through with action:
  • Believe in yourself.  Without the belief that you will accomplish your goals, it’s probably not going to happen.
  • Write down your goals!  Without writing them down they can be forgotten and are more like a wish.
  • Place your list of goals somewhere that you see it a LOT.  The more you see your goals, the less likely you will forget about them!
  • Sticky Notes are your friend!  Jot down your goals individually on sticky notes and leave them around the house where you will be reminded to do them!  For example, if living a healthier lifestyle is on your priority list, you might want to leave yourself a note on the refrigerator to eat HEALTHY snacks or to grab a glass of water first and then come back!
  • Find a friend to share your goals with that will hold you accountable.  Have check-ins to see how you both are doing on the goals.  If you know you have to check-in, it will keep you motivated!
  • Write down your goal process on your calendar.  Break the goal into pieces with each piece having a deadline on the calendar.
  • Work on your goal every day.
  • Reward yourself when you cross the goals off your list! 
Because I am already doing all my other priorities without any trouble I am going to work on my last priority: losing 30 kgs of weight. 

So to make my goal 'SMART' I need to make sure it is:
Specific: My goal is to exercise 4 times a week for 30minutes each time. 
Measurable: I have achieved my goal once I have lost 30 Kgs. 
Attainable: I will work to lose 5 kgs a month, so by October 2015 I should reach my goal.
Relevant: This goal is important to me so that I can be healthy and well so that in the future I can have children. 
Time: Each week I am exercising 4 times so that by October 2015 I will reach my goal weight. 

So beginning tomorrow morning I will start 'eating my frog' and exercise for 30minutes and eat healthy. Please pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment