Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Monday, July 4, 2011

Where women belong

So everyone's heard the many million of jokes involving women and how they belong in kitchens. Well I'm over them. I'm facing facts and the fact is that I'm proud to be a woman who enjoys being in the kitchen. Because in the kitchen I feel in control and I feel creative. Cooking is something I can do and I love to do. And if it's a way to show my love to my family, boyfriend and friends then I'm going to do it. So go ahead and make jokes I don't care...I'll most likely join in and laugh. The only thing I ask is if you are going to enjoy my cooking you had better help with the washing up afterwards. : P
What brought this topic up...yesterday I was talking to Nathan and I mentioned that I might go bake something cause I was bored and then I said 'Why does my boredom usually lead me to the kitchen?' So I went and baked a cake but this was no ordinary cake. It is what my siblings and I call a playdough cake...it's our own take on the traditional marble cake.

My mum won't go anywhere near these cakes...apparently they are too bright...which makes them inedible? I love them cause they look so funky and they taste yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Love the cake! So creative! And the post is too true! The best bit about baking, is eating it afterwards!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that's one SUPER bright cake!
    They definitely live up to their name of 'playdough' in looks (and hopefully not taste!) I look forward to trying it some day...!

    ReplyDelete