Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Roses are red, Violets are blue...and flowers have power.

So today's topic...FLOWERS! If you noticed the roses that were in that vase in one of the photos I posted two posts ago you would have noticed some beautiful white roses with pink stripes on them.
These roses revived my love for all flowers...lately all I've ever wanted is Water lillies
...they still are my favourite...but...uh let's just say they are a little difficult to get a hold on for a wedding bouquet. So when I saw these beautiful stems I fell in love with roses and in particular unique ones. I went researching and found there are a heap of different varieties of striped roses but I think my favourite (I think...I haven't been able to see all the varieties yet) is called Berries n' Cream. They are gorgeous! So other flowers I love are:
Freesias- make me happy and I love the scent of them.
Poppies - they look so simple but beautiful...I've never actually held a real one...I don't think, so I don't know about the scent of them.
Peonies - these just look all feminine and dainty...just what I love!  
Spathiphyllum or Hope Lily - This is my one and only houseplant that has survived...ever. I love it cause it is simple and beautiful in its long stalk and one petal. 
So those are a few of the many flowers that I love...perhaps the top 6. I think flowers can express many feelings and they are all beautiful. God created them for us humans to enjoy and I am going to enjoy them for the rest of my life!


2 comments:

  1. Maija, water lillies in bowls as table centres is a good alternative to trying to include them in a bouquet. I love freesias too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flowers! My grandma paints flowers and has a real love for them! The mention of freesia's takes me back to my childhood and the lovely scent... :-)

    ReplyDelete