Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Friday, July 1, 2011

Chalk and Cheese

So I've bought a new camera...I reckon it's pretty fancy...it has a screen on the front so you can take the perfect shot of yourself and your friends. It's a Samsung PL101...
and I've been going a bit crazy with it. The reason I thought I needed a camera was because 1. I'm old enough to buy one for myself and take care of it and 2. I'm going to be a teacher and my lecturers and tutors are always telling us we need one...also I'm going on a trip soon and neither my sister or my parents would allow me to borrow theirs. So equipped with my new camera I would like to share my past few days with you via pictures I took. My sister and I went shopping on Thursday (I bought PL101 (my camera...I'm determined to make it sound like I have a droid from Star Wars) on Wednesday) and here is my wonderful sister and I sporting her two new hats...aren't they adorable?


This week I spent three nights with my sister while she is house-sitting and I cooked a meal and made it all fancy-like. I loved the way the candle-light (from my new candle from dusk) played through the glass of my new vase (also from dusk...$3 bargain!).

Then on Friday we went down to a national park and had lunch near the waterfall. It was on this picnic of sorts that we decided that we were going to nickname each other from the old saying 'those two are like chalk and cheese'. She's cheese, I'm chalk...suits perfectly cause she LOVES cheese and I'm going to be a primary school teacher.



I got home today and I started feeling creative and creative towards my room. I have this small area of wall above a desk in my room (I have two desks, one for sewing and laptop and one for piling everything else on.) and I have a jewellery rack on it...I already had some things up but I started pulling down and adding to it. I kind of was making it everything that I liked. My sister walked in near the end and looked at it and I asked what she thought. She said it is very Maija. I asked what she meant and she said that what I had done was called a 'book', an artist's expression of themselves on a wall. So pretty much everything I had put up on the wall represented something meaningful to me. And it was true. So here is my masterpiece...I couldn't keep it all up there cause some of it belonged in other parts of my room and knowing me everything has a place and purpose. I think I could have kept adding but I didn't have enough blu-tac and room.

If you have any questions about what means what just post it in a comment and I'll answer. But for those who know me well enough you should be able to guess the meaning of the things. Peace out...this has been my past few days! God Bless! (PS something happened to a few of the photos with the bottoms of the shots...I think it's cause I flipped them the right way and it didn't do it properly...but you can see the important parts of the photos.)

1 comment:

  1. Love the waterfall shot... I'm very impressed. Glad to see you're on the photography band-wagon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete