Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Monday, May 23, 2016

In regards to weight loss...

So here's my plan on how to achieve and accomplish my wished for change:
Step 1. Get off my chair and be active.

Too often I find myself sitting down. I heard once that some scientists had researched how sitting down for too long can affect the adult body. Read here: Too much sitting! 
I have also been advised by my Chiropractor and Doctor that I need to be more active. So I have put in place a routine that requires me to be active for most of the day. I allow myself to relax at certain times in the day, for example when I wake up I begin by reading for 10 minutes to get my mind active! (Also to be able to keep up with my book club group!). In the mornings I will have breakfast and spend some time with God, reading His word and praying. I then will get ready for my work day by getting dressed and making my lunch. I tend to my pets and then begin working on my set chores for the day until I have to leave for work at 7:10am. At which point I walk 300 metres to my school. I have come to love walking to work because it means I am forcing myself to start being active. When on playground duty I remind myself to actually walk around and not stand in one spot. At the end of the day I walk home again and finish completing the rest of my chores.

Step 2. Do regular exercise.

I have never been in the habit of doing regular exercise. I try to be but it is difficult when you don't find it enjoyable. I don't find it enjoyable as I associate it with my pain and suffering of asthma. It truly is difficult to exercise without having an issue with asthma. My husband and I are going to begin tonight the following running program. I hope with his support we will be able to get into a habit of regular exercise.


Step 3. Eat less and healthier.

I am working quite well on this one. We purchased a menu planner from Target earlier this year and I began planning out our meals. Which meant that what we bought was mostly only what we needed for the recipes. A bonus was we cut down on waste. I have been eating less for a while now and I have seen the impact of this with losing a couple of kilos over a couple of weeks. 

So there is my three step plan on trying to achieve my wished for change. Comment with your wished for change and what you can do about it now! 








No comments:

Post a Comment