Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Round yon Virgin Mother and Child...

"Memories of Christmas...ahhhh what are some of my favourite memories?" I ask my self as I sit here NOT listening to Christmas carols like I would have hoped to do so now. I'm sorry this is a week late but I promise that I will have two posts this week! So onto the topic... I much love going over the fond memories of Christmases past. I have this poem I found (honestly I went and looked for one just now to put in here) and I love it cause it talks about what a child sees and knows when Christmas is coming near.


Visions Past
~ written by Roger J. Robicheau 

The Christmas tree was real
That heavy tinsel, special feel

So many lights, in sparkling view
Glass ornaments, hung neatly too

An angel perched, atop it all
Seen shining down, it did not fall

The tree was watered in its stand
It's special smell, came on so grand

Nativity, was always perched
In middle window, all would search

Side windows dressed with candlelight
I'd check the view, from sidewalk sight

All was right, this child felt sure
That special time, lived in his door

I thank you God, for visions past
Which come alive, to hold and grasp


To be honest I think that most children remember the present unwrapping time and the food...well that's what I always remember about Christmas...but even then I realised that Christmas is not just an ordinary holiday like Australia Day it is special and unique! And I think one of the reasons why I love Christmas so much is because it is special and I have many great memories involving Christmas. So I would love it, my dear readers if you would join with me and reminisce the Christmases past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment