Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Away in a manger, no crib for a bed...

Christmas.
As soon as you hear it something mystical and holy fills the air as you start to dream about all the special parts of Christmas. It is a novelty for children and families. You find yourself doing things that you normally wouldn't do during the year. Like carolling. Simply put you are singing songs out loud amongst other people. These songs are so well known majority of people know all the words to them...and not just one but at least 20 different carols. That's a lot of songs to know all the words to. Why do we know them so well? Why do we sing these songs? It is because it a special reason to celebrate and sing about and it is all the novelty about Christmas...singing. There are other parts that you wouldn't normally do. Like putting up the Christmas tree. I'm willing to be wrong so please inform me if there is another event but I'm pretty sure that there is only one event in the calendar that requires putting up a tree and decorating it. And that's Christmas.
Another part is the Santa part. I have to inform you here that I have never been brought to believe that Santa is real so he never has been a central part of Christmas. But still Santa too has a part in Christmas. He is the bringer of joy to many children. But there is One greater who brings wonderful joy and happiness for eternity and that is our Father in Heaven and His One and Only Son, Jesus.
As the day starts drawing nearer and nearer I would like to ask you to remember once again who and what the real meaning of Christmas is and why it is such a novelty to celebrate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment