Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Hark the Herald Angels Sing...

So this is meant to be a cheerful bright happy post about the decorations we all put up at Christmas time...however I do not feel the Christmas cheer too much as I write this. This is due to the fact that my 'true love' is far away now. Thank the Lord for creating the person and blessing them with the idea of Facebook and chat messaging! I'm talking to him now as I write this... so it's not all that bad and I'm cheering up.
So onto the actual topic shall we?
Christmas decorations come in all shapes and sizes and colours. I do not remember what my favourite decoration from my childhood but I do know now that my favourite decorations include any beautifully crafted decoration of angels. I think the reason I love these so much is because they were the messengers of the Good news that Jesus was born. If I could be an angel I reckon I would always be singing the Good News that God has....cause I love singing!
I wish I had pictures to show you my collection of Christmas angels but I don't.
no wait.
maybe I do.
...checking...
nope sorry I don't :(
I know I do have them somewhere just not on this computer apparently.
Well the other thing I wanted to mention about Christmas decorations was that it is one of my favourite parts of Christmas (hence it being on the list for me to write about it). I have fond memories of my family pulling out the old favourites; bought and hand-made to place delicately on the Christmas tree.
If you haven't ever looked into the meaning behind the first Christmas decorations I think you should by looking at this. It's fascinating how I sometimes find the Christmas decorations just that. Decorations. nothing more. nothing less. But when I actually look at what they are and what they symbolise I find myself mesmerised by the deep and powerful message they share. Majority of the them will lead to the true meaning of Christmas. Which I will assume everyone knows what it is. But in case you are new to this world (ahhh there's an alien reading my blog!!!! lol) or just haven't heard it before I will elucidate the true meaning of Christmas. Primarily, it is about a baby being born...but not just any ordinary baby. It is the Son of God. A child that had been long awaited for to come and save all human beings. And it turns out that He was sent to Earth not for the reason that us Earthly beings would assume...yes people!..God is so focussed on saving you from other humans. pfft no! (well ok He is but there is something more important than that) He wants to save you (personally) from the sins you have committed and the ones you will commit. He wants to save you from eternal damnation so you can rejoice with Him and be with Him for all eternity in Heaven. And that is what I love to remember at Christmas time cause I know that it all starts with new life and a new beginning. Being able to know that God has come to Earth and understands our pain...however minuscule it can be He loves us enough to go through it all and save us for all eternity.
Wow. this post got deep but that's the only way it should be...when you talk about Christmas. Well I hope and pray that this post will yet again (like my like minded posts previously did) remind you of the true meaning of Christmas and prompt you to seriously think and celebrate the reason for the season...sorry for the cliche saying. God Bless you all my wonderful readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment