Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oh Bring Us some Figgy Pudding...

Ok so that's the best I could come up with in regards to food in a Christmas Carol. And I'll be honest and say I don't know what Figgy Pudding tastes like but I think it is pudding made out of figs...which I don't like.
Christmas food again is unique and special and most of which you wouldn't have during the year. But one of the most used Christmas recipes used in my family is my Great Grandma's Animal Biscuit recipe (we all just call it Grandma's Animal Biscuits). I'm sad to say however that I never ate one of my Great Grandma's biscuits...but I'm told that no one has ever made them the same and that they were absolutely the best! I would like to share this well-loved recipe with you. So here it is:


Grandma's Animal Biscuits

Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup Golden Syrup
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon Bicarb soda
enough S.R flour (this is what my Nana wrote but my mum puts in 4 to 6 cups)

Method:


Mix eggs, sugar and syrup together. Then add soda and ginger together with enough flour to make stiff dough. (In between mixing and rolling my family puts the dough in the fridge in a bowl to stiffen it some more. try what you think works best!) Roll out, cut into shapes and bake in a hot oven. Once the biscuits are cooled ice the biscuits and cover with either coconut or sprinkles.

So that is the recipe and I love making them at Christmas time cause that is what I have done since I was a child old enough to help in the kitchen! If you are looking for a new recipe to try, try this one cause it is fun cutting and decorating the biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment