Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells...

Christmas is in the air and on my music player! Yep that's right it's that time of the year again when you pull out those Christmas CD's and start listening to them. Well ok I only just listened to one song this morning on my computer music player (White Christmas).
Anyways, when I think about Christmas it is always closely linked to one of my favourite things in the world... MUSIC! I love singing the Christmas Carols cause they are so different to any other type of music. Perhaps cause it is for celebrating a special season for a special reason. I don't know. But I have always loved the Christmas Carols! My favourite carol is Oh Holy Night because it is so beautiful. But really I love all of them.
Music is a wonderful way to express yourself, carols express many different feelings; from loneliness to joyfulness. But I ask you: how often have you found yourself singing a carol and realising that you actually haven't thought about what you are singing. I do this often and it is then when I stop to think and really listen to the poetic and romantic lyrics that I see how wonderful Christmas carols are and how they are the special way we can express our thanksgiving to God for sending His one and only Son to this earth to save us from our sins!
So this Christmas I ask you to simply stop and listen to the carols you sing and remember what it is you are celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment