Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Crunch Time...

So as I'm in my last week of my education uni courses I have two huge assignments due on Friday and I've only barely started them. hmmm time to stop singing those songs and dancing about and to really do some serious work.
...
yeah ok I'll have a break for the moment so I can let my wonderful (but few) followers in on what my thoughts have been lately. Well for some reason a lot of different songs have been going through my mind. You know how you get those songs stuck in your head. Well I heard once that the songs that come to you out of the blue and get stuck in your head are sub-conscious messages to you through the lyrics. So let's have a look at the songs I've been having to see what I'm trying to tell myself. 
This afternoon I had Big Spender on my mind...now this one I'm stumped on but the others I think I get the idea as to what they are saying. Like I had l-o-v-e by Nat King Cole in my head on the way home...and I generally assumed that that song was in reference to me being in love and thinking about tomorrow (being Nathan and my three month anniversary). I have also had other songs that generally come from musicals...and these I assume are meaning that I love musicals! 
But on a more serious note..on the weekend I had Go and Sin No More by Rebecca St. James in my head which is not unusual when I'm in the state of mind that I was in on the weekend. The bridge/chorus is the main part that I love to sing to myself as it says:
 I've sinned come on my knees how could You die for me
You search my heart know my thoughts
See me inside and out and all throughout me
You alone can forgive me
You always pick me up like a child in Your arms
I could stay with You forever here
This song speaks to me comfort and it has done this every time that I have felt down because the line that says 'You always pick me up like a child in Your arms' just says to me that everything is alright because God is there for me and can pick me up again. 
And now I find myself hoping and praying that God will come to my side and cheer me on to continue and complete my assignments because it will lead me one step closer to what He wants in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment