Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

I'm dreaming of a...hmm

...well that doesn't work... I realised that in Australia we don't particularly have a white Christmases...so I don't know what to call it...but yeah I suppose I could still dream of a White Christmas...it's just that I won't get it. So I suppose you are wondering why I'm even thinking about Christmas at this time of the year...well my dear readers I would like to inform you of one fact that you may or may not have picked up already...I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!
I have decided that starting from next week there are ten weeks until Christmas (including the week of) so I will be writing one post a week. Each post will describe and explain one of the ten reasons I love Christmas. Therefore the following list ensues:
Reasons I love Christmas:
1. Celebrating the birthday of my Saviour
2. The family times
3. The presents
4. The meals
5.  The decorations
6. The novelty of it all
7. The cooking and baking
8. The memories
9.The music
10. The smell

Ok so that list is in order of: 1. importance and 2. what I start with when I think and prepare and celebrate Christmas...so I will start from number ten as the list is fairly much in order (starting with ten). But firstly I will give a little background info on how my family's Christmases tend to run.
December 23rd - My birthday and baking and cooking prep day
December 24th -
Morning - more cooking and prep
Evening - my immediate family's dinner and opening of presents evening
December 25th - Christmas morning church service and then go to my dad's side of the family (we follow the alphabet and pick a country that starts with that year's letter and eat food that that country would eat at Christmas time)
December 26th - My mum's side of the family bring left overs from our Christmases and have a picnic somewhere...it's very relaxing.

That's fairly much how my Christmases go but every year is different and full of memories. So next week I will be posting about the smell of Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment