Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

My Last Bad Day

I wish it was my last bad day that I would ever experience but one of the facts of life is that we all have good days and bad days.
I'm trying to decide what constitutes a bad day though. I have had bad moments today and throughout the past week as well as a bad mood in the last week.

Urban Dictionary defines a 'bad day' as "The day you wake up hit your head on numerous objects, trip on several steps, and coincidentally spill mustard on your white (insert type of clothing here). Usually formulates around Mondays and/or any days of a menstrual cycle (this includes males)"

Yep. That would have to be quite accurate I would say!

Well going by that definition I would say my last bad day was on Sunday previously. I was to travel with my husband's parents, sister and our nephew to Coffs Harbour. Which takes about 5 hours by car; 6 with a baby. I was feeling sick, tired and stressed. Sick - hay fever. Tired - poor sleep the night before. Stressed - I had fallen over the Thursday before and had hurt myself. This meant I was a day behind in my unit planning for term 4. I was also stressed about the two days I would be spending with my husband's family without him and having to be in close proximity with a 9 month old baby when I am still dealing with my emotions from earlier in the year!

SO yes quite a bad start to the day. I thankfully did not spill anything on my clothing but sitting in a crowded car for 5 hours with a baby seat squishing me was not my idea of fun! I also had the red tide come to visit that day too.

And because this happened on a Sunday I could just see my Monday being just a bleak.

Thankfully I survived and returned to my loving husband who completely understood and let me sleep peacefully through Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment