Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Monday, October 10, 2016

There's No Place Like Home

I've been avidly watching the Block on Channel nine. I love the idea of starting completely fresh and designing a room. Despite the fact, that I don't think I have much talent for it. But I guess this is the idea of the reality TV show...that the contestants get to practise.

The place I currently call home is my second home away from home. That is to say, it is the second house I have lived in with my husband since leaving my family to get married. I prefer this house because, although it really is a duplex it feels like a whole house with three bedrooms, a bathroom and ensuite and a large living area. It also has a double garage. It is located a sweet 300 metre walk from my workplace and fairly close to the local shops but not close enough to walk. It is on the corner of a dead end street so this lessens how much traffic we get. IDEAL!

Nevertheless, we still have some nuisances around the property. One is small but it bugs me. In our ensuite it has the toilet roll holder on the bottom of the window sill which is located a whole 10 centimetres off the floor! So low! Another thing that is a nuisance is the whiteness of everything. White tiles, white walls and white cupboards. I rather like timber through a house. I am realising now what my dream house will one day look like. Lastly, I dislike how far away our place is from my family. We have to drive 45 minutes to go see my family! I love my family and would love to spend more time catching up, very much unlike my husband! But I have resigned myself to the fact that I need to be content with the weekend visits and holiday times. After all, when a woman and man marry they should leave their families and begin their own.

I am glad that I have the wonderful opportunity to develop my own household routine and style but it's in the toughest of times that I find that I sometimes need more than just my husband to comfort me.

The saying, "Home is where the heart is," is definitely true for me though! I love my husband and know that wherever he is I will find my shelter and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment