Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Last Time I Tried Something New

Actually I am currently in the process of trying something new.
I love cooking and baking. I have been cooking steadily since 2002 when I was in Year 7. But even before that I was inspired by my cake-maker and decorator Nana. She would always have something that she has made in her kitchen.
However, the cake decorating equipment were all passed to my older sister when my Nana passed away in 2006. Also my Nana had spent time with my older sister teaching her the skills, hence why my sister inherited the equipment.

So fast forward to this month....
A best friend of mine has her 26th birthday garden party coming up next weekend. I was casually asking her about her plans and if there was any way I could help her out. I asked if she had organised a cake yet. She had not. So I volunteered!
I decided I would try something new and see how I go decorating a cake with fondant and everything! I have never attempted this before!
I even did research at the library!
The cake is made but decorating will happen on Saturday (the day before).

I'll update you all on how it turns out! Looking forward to seeing the end product!

No comments:

Post a Comment