Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Monday, September 26, 2016

Biggest Change in the past year

My biggest change this year has been mentally. I have learnt so much this year about what it means to be an adult. I have taken a more serious approach to keeping house because I have realised after my ectopic pregnancy that I wasn't ready to have a child. It had opened my eyes to the serious responsibility of having children and how big of a change it is to your life. I am looking forward to the day when I do have children because I will be able to say, "Welcome child, I have prepared a place for you in my home. We are ready to have you here." I truly don't know what would have happened this year if my pregnancy had been successful. It would have definitely brought huge changes to my life and my family. I would probably still have realised that my house wasn't 'baby-ready' and done something about it but it would have been way more stressful and difficult. 
In a way I am glad to have the chance to make the changes now and not be stressed out about not being ready. I know my routine that is in place now will have to change several times once I have children. Knowing that I have a working routine now is the good foundation for a solid routine when I have children. 

Currently my sister-in-law and her son (my gorgeous nephew) are staying at our place, along with my parents-in-law. I have seen things! haha There is so much to do when you have a child and although it looks challenging I still want to do it! I truly want to have children because they are such a gift. 
I will accept God's gifts in whichever form they come. If He chooses that we have no biological children that will be my life purpose, but I know He has great things in store for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment