Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Sunday, September 4, 2016

What I like about me

I like that I am usually a positive minded person and I am humble enough to be willing to change. I self -reflect and always try to improve myself. I don't want to become stuck in my ways and not willing to change. Everyone makes mistakes and need to realise they aren't perfect. Despite knowing I will never be perfect I wish to still improve. It gives me purpose and drive in life. God has given this attitude to me. It's a strange thing to like about myself because it's liking the fact that I'm not perfect and that I want to improve.

Physically, I like my hair and earlobes. I used to like my feet but this year I haven't had a good year with them as I was allergic to a pair of shoes and then had athlete's foot. But I love my small feet and the shape of my toes. Usually my skin is smooth to touch and very few blemishes which I like and feel lucky to have. Again however, my skin is not very nice, it's dry, pimply, and bumpy. I hope that my body returns to normal again soon. I have gone through huge health battles this year and my body is still adjusting.

I try not to be vain about my looks but I feel there is a place to be particular about them as it is the first thing people see of you. This to me, means that a good outward appearance helps others to accept you. Not putting in effort to look the best you can, sends the message that you don't care about yourself and makes people then not care about you.

Try not to let your appearance take over your life though. I wrote intentionally about myself internally first because I truly believe that who you are is more important than what you look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment