Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Challenge 1: Positively LAN

Day 1.
Challenge status: FAIL!
So all day I managed to be positive towards the LAN party that my boyfriend and my brother along with a heap of my guy friends are attending this week, until I walked into the room where the boys are set up...They asked me what I had been doing today and I said, " Working, unlike you guys!" and there you are I failed on the first day of my challenge. But no matter I will press on to redeem my pride of completing the challenge set before me to be positive towards the LAN party. Perhaps I should explain a bit about what it actually is. LAN (as far as I know) is a computer term for the network that is made out of connecting computers together so you are able to share things between computers easily. Off the top of my head I think LAN stands for Local A(something) Network. And yes I'm trying to impress you with my 'vast' knowledge of computers...cough cough. So what these wonderful boys do is connect as many computers as they need...plus a few more...and play all the computer games that they desire to play...and for as long as they want too. It actually impresses me that they can do such things...for I certainly could not! So I applaud them for their expertise in the technology of today's world.

Day 2.
Challenge status: Success!
I managed to get through a day without being negative towards it! However, I don't have any exciting stories to share about how hard it was...cause it actually was fairly easy. I was working (as I was yesterday) (I work at a Bakery by the way) and I had left over sandwiches so when my mum came to pick me up she suggested we take them over to the boys so they have some food to eat...I think she just wanted to check on my younger brother. This was good for me to see them mid-week of their LANning. And it concreted in my mind that they actually are very organised and civilised during the LAN. They stop to eat and have breaks and they aren't screaming all the time about whether they won or lost, which would cause them to lose their voices, which wouldn't be good at all. My parents decided that the LAN is actually a good thing as they would much rather their son (my brother) to be doing this than walking the streets doing drugs or something else. The last thing I can think of to say about it all today is that it is easy to be positive about something when you are promised that it will all be made up to you when it is all over...as my boyfriend did! :) So I'm happy to let him be so that he can get all the gaming out of his system for awhile and focus on me! :)

Day 3.
Challenge status: Success!
Again I kept my mind busy and off the fact that my boyfriend is away and whether it is good or bad. So really it was another easy day being positive about the LAN...I did not make one negative remark about LAN. In fact I called my boyfriend this afternoon to ask if he wanted to come and join me and my family at home tomorrow night for dinner as the LAN party finishes then and I realised that he would not have any food at his place...so I guess I am being considerate of how this week has been and I want to make sure he continues having a good time!

Day 4.
Challenge status: Success!
Considering this was the last day of the LAN it was pretty easy to be positive about it cause I knew it was almost over and I was going to see my boyfriend! So I was happy to be kind towards it all and let them finish in peace and did not disturb the boys! So there you are. I am able to be positive about something if I put my mind to it. Doesn't mean I agree with it all but it does make me think about my actual views and makes me open to accepting new ideas and opinions.

So my first challenge is done and done and I am looking for a new challenge to start on Sunday so if you have any ideas message me on facebook or comment below. Remember I have full rights to accept or deny a challenge. But please share ideas so I have something to pick from!

No comments:

Post a Comment