Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My views of Education

As a pre-service teacher I thought it would be a good idea to share my thoughts on the whole education thing.

Children should be allowed to learn in a natural peaceful environment...so mostly at home...therefore I believe children should be homeschooled. The end.



No seriously. I do believe that children are better off learning at home rather than in a school environment. I read of how students were taught hundreds of years ago and though I'll admit it was the more wealthy who were taught at home. But no matter, they were capable of learning several languages, several instruments and were knowledgable on all kinds of things. Their intellect was astounding! It almost seems like today's world has dumbed everything so we hardly have to think anymore!

Furthermore, back then their goals and achievements were set at a higher level. So why can't teachers expect more from their students? Because then there will be parents complaining about how the school work is to difficult for their child and the child will probably acquire their parents mind frame and won't want to do the work. Therefore, I bring it back to my original point; I believe homeschooling is the best option and is what I would love for my future children. And everyone else can decide for themselves what they think. But if you want people to be a more intellectual being then start raising the bars for them and expect more from them. Thankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment