Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The age old question

Ok so for my first post I thought I would let everyone know the answer to the question that I get asked so often.
Background info: my birth date is 23rd of December
The Question: Do you mind having your birthday so close to Christmas? Or a slight deviation: Do you get combined presents or seperate presents for both occasions?

Ok so I know the second one is a roundabout way of asking the first question but they tie in together.
The Answer: no I don't mind at all having my birthday so close to Christmas...I actually feel kind of special...especially when Christmas is my favourite time of year! Sure there are times when I don't like it but it's all part and parcel of having a birthday close to a major calendar event! As for the presents I definately get birthday presents AND Christmas presents! How unfair would that be! For all my siblings would be getting more than me if I just got presents once a year! Of course there are the rellies who often will just give one or the other or neither...but who in their right mind would let a child go without presents on one of these special days?
So for any parent who ever has a child near Christmas let this be a message to you that you give your child presents on both days and then they won't mind at all having their birthday near Christmas! As for the rest of you who are my friends let this be a message to you to not forget to give me both...lol jokes! Love you all and happy reading of my future posts!

So now that's done let's move on to another topic...

No comments:

Post a Comment