Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Oh He looks like a Fun guy!



So today I was helping out my parents in the garden and I came across these fungi:

Doesn't it look gross?! 

My first thought of what it looked like was that it made me think of Spiderman...don't know why I thought that.
 Or the nose of a mole.
And so because 1) I was curious to know what it was and 2) I like to learn new things and 3) I wanted to know if it was poisonous to the touch cause I touched one I went and researched what it was.

It turned out to be an Aseroe Rubra or it's common name is a Starfish Fungi. That's some scary starfish! Apparently they smell of rotting meat and live with Native plants. It isn't really poisonous either...although it may be to eat it.
And to get rid of them you have to pull them out of the ground when they are still an egg.
So that's what I learnt today.
Also other interesting things that happened today were my defriending spree on facebook and me stealing potato chips from my brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment