Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

TRAAAA...DITION!!!



If that title didn't put in your head the song from 'Fiddler on the Roof' than go find a copy and watch this beloved musical so you do!!! 


So the question on my mind at the moment, leading up to Christmas and every year around this time, is 'What tradition do I want to have with my family'?

Coming from a very conservative Finnish and close Australian family, traditions are integral to life. You could almost say family is built on traditions. The fondest memories I have with my family are those of times we were upholding our traditions. Traditions like the birthday person choices the cake flavour and choice of meal for their birthday dinner or opening gifts on Christmas eve instead of Christmas day. Putting up the Christmas tree early is one of my favourites, along with our special Christmas eve nights. 
The ones I can see my own family having are the opening gifts on Christmas eve and having a special sit-down dinner. I would like to also make it a tradition to have an advent calendar each December, which we focus on the Christmas story with.
My husband's family tradition is that everyone gets to put in their order of their favourite foods for Christmas lunch/dinner. They also open gifts on Christmas eve. 

So what tradition(s) do you have in your family? Tell me in the comments! Would love to hear from my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment