Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Friday, September 4, 2015

Plans for this December

We are past the halfway point of the year and everyday brings more and more thoughts of my birth month!
Therefore, it shouldn't be any surprise to you that I have already made most of the plans for December. My husband and I have made the arrangements and made a goal for this year's Christmas.

In 2013 (the year before we wed) we decided that we would do Christmases in a 3 year rotation with our families. So starting that year we had Christmas with my family and did everything that my parents wanted and usually do for Christmas. Then last year (2014) we flew to Darwin a couple of days before Christmas and celebrated with my husband's family.
Due to my birthday being on the 23rd it coincidentally meant that we celebrated my birthday with each family in their respective years. And on the third year, this year!, we are celebrating our style. Just my husband and myself. Whatever we want to do. Sound great doesn't it!? All families are aware of the the 3 year rotation and approve. Everyone is happy! Success!

So a month or two ago I asked Nathan what we want to do for our Christmas this year. We thought about travelling overseas but decided it would cost too much and we are trying to save. In the end we decided that we would spend this first Christmas with just the two of us making our own family traditions. We would begin on December 1st planning what traditions we want to have with our future children and putting them in place.

I am so looking forward to it!

In other exciting news! My sister-in-law is currently 5 and 1/2 months pregnant and is due before Christmas! Therefore, we have had to make arrangements to visit her and her partner and the bub after Christmas. So on Boxing Day we are starting a 2 day drive from Queensland to South Australia! Stopping in Parkes, NSW. We will be staying with Nathan's grandparents and then coming back in the new year.

On top of all this, we are planning to move from our lovely small home in Maroochydore to somewhere closer to my work. This will be happening in the last few weeks of term in November! What a hectic but exciting end to the year! Merry planning everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment