Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Family Differences

I dedicate this post to Nathan's wonderful family.
We all know how families annoy each other. Especially siblings and how they love their rivalry. Now in my family, we have rivalry but it turns out not as much as my boyfriend's siblings (with him right in the middle of it!). 
I went to visit Nathan's family over the weekend, this being the second time I have visited them. It's been so few visits due to an expensive train ride that separates us, thank goodness! No I'm only kidding. I love Nathan's family as much as I love my own. They are loud and fun. My family...I thought we were loud but it turns out our volume is on the quiet end of the stereo. While my family go about our daily preparations (the morning rituals) my dad is outside on the farm feeding the animals, my sister is often found sleeping in and I go quietly about getting ready, whilst my younger sister follows suit in regards to the quietness and speed. My brother on the other hand loves to make a racket by slamming the door and throwing the dog bowls (he feeds the dogs) to the ground. He also is grumpy in the morning. My mother assists my brother as much as possible to quieten his temper and to speed him along ready for school. I regard this as a normal family going about their morning...or I did until I met Nathan's family. 
I have decided that whether or not teenagers play a part in the family is usually the deciding factor of the volume of the household. See when I was a teenager a few years ago I was rather the loud one in my family (hard to believe sometimes). Now this tradition (if I may call it that) has been passed onto my brother.
Nathan's family follow this I think, except everyone is just a bit louder than normal (normal being my family...it may not be normal to you but it is to me) and the teenager of the family (Nathan's sister) the loudest of all. You would think that by all this that I'm saying that I did not enjoy my time and I did not like Nathan's family...but in actually fact I loved every minute of it.
Families are so wonderful and should be celebrated because it is where you can be yourself and your family will still accept you for who you are...even if they give you a hard time; a favourite pass time of Nathan's family with regards to his sister. And families will always love you! So I look forward to one day being an official member of Nathan's family even though they already say I'm part of it already (even took part in their family photos). 
So look for your family's differences and celebrate them and thank God for each person in your family, because your family is part of who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment