Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Thursday, January 16, 2020

And breathe...

Everyone gets stressed at times. Some are always wound up. But even the most chillaxed people get stressed at one point or another.
I am more towards the constant on edge kind of people. My mind is going constantly unless I’m asleep...and even then my subconscious is concocting dreams that are so bizarre they give me food for thought the next day!
So what is my favourite way to relax? Well I actually have a few ways. So I’m going to mention them here...

If I’m feeling stressed out and tense from a long day(s) at work I like to draw myself a bath (weird term...draw a bath.. lol), make it all bubbly and just breathe. I like this because being stuck in water for awhile I can’t do anything about my thoughts and the sensation of being surrounded by warm bubbly water distracts you and entices you to stay so long you begin to wrinkle.

If I’m super stressed and I’ve either got a lot of work to do (reports or marking) or I’ve jut done a heap of work I like to relax by getting a massage. Positive touch, dimmed rooms, gentle music and not being able to leave for at least half an hour is like the ingredients for the relaxation recipe.

My go to relaxer when I have no option but to get the work done but still need something to take the edge of stress off is to listen to music; either praise and worship or my favourites playlist.

So those are my favourite ways to relax. Comment your tips on staying relaxed!

No comments:

Post a Comment