Welcome!

I'm Maija and I was born in December!
I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts on many topics!

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Broken Rules

Recently, my husband and I watched 'Arrested Development'. Every episode contains entertaining characters who tend to break the rules to get what they want.
As a teacher, I am all about rules of course. My students must abide by the rules in order for our class to not be complete chaos...which Arrested Development tends to always have!
By nature I am a rule follower and very much dislike it when I have been found to break a rule as usually I am not aware of this rule or like everyone else I just plain don't like being found out! lol.
It may not be the last time I broke the rules but it is the last time that was most memorable.
Playing a game against Nathan we got near to the end of the game and Nathan was about to win. It depended on a choice that Nathan made. He wanted a particular choice which would lead him to  win but I persuaded him to choice a different option which then lead me coincidentally to win. I should have let him to make his choice and accept that he was going to win but I truly wanted to see what would happen if we went the other way.
I will never live this down as Nathan always reminds me when we play a game together. Learnt my lesson to mind the rules in games...at least when with Nathan! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment